Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day One: Part 2

We went into his room to put my bags up and I sat on his bed trying to contain my nerves. He closed the door and looked at me "They don't know we're here yet...we're a little early." He sat next to me and put his hand on my leg. I reached over and put my hands around his neck. I laid back on his bed as our lips met for the very first time, When we came up for air I dazed up at him and whispered "....wow" as I touched his face he kissed my hand and smiled saying,  "Yeah, that's what I imagined my last first kiss to be like"

Continuing ... 

My face flushed, my chest felt heated and I continued his words in my head as we went out to meet his family 
His last first kiss... like last? I can't believe this is happening...
I can't believe how happy I am
I stepped onto his porch as a herd of his family members crowded around me. They all buzzed with different question and statements but they went unheard as I continued in my daze.
I really love him...but I'm only 20...
am I ready to get married?.. I mean I do really want to be with him.
We could be engaged for a really long time... that would work...
"Baby?" Chris looked at me confused..
I automatically snapped out of it. "Oh I'm so sorry...I must be jet lagged" I said as I rubbed my forehead embarrassed by day dream. I looked around at all the excited faces as a women walked slowly toward me holding a glass. 
"I'm Chris' mom. Drink?" she was beautiful and so calming as she handed me a champagne fluke. "How was your flight my dear?"
I smiled saying "It was long and kinda frustrating but it was worth it" 
"Yes Chris is definitely worth a 5 hour flight right?"
"Definitely, I couldn't be happier to be here... to finally be with him"
"....He does seem happy doesn't he?" We both looked in Chris' general direction. I stared at Chris trying to signal him to come over. He was talking and laughing with a small old women that I assumed was his grandmother when he caught my eye. He found his way to me and put his arm around me and chuckled at his mother "Mom...."
"Yes dear?"
"Are you interrogating my wonderful girlfriend?"
girlfriend!?! we haven't talked about that..
we really haven't talked about much of anything actually
"No dear. Just friendly conversation. That's all" she smirked as she took another drink.
"Can I steal her please?"
All of the sudden the little old lady was by my side. She slipped her arm my waist, "No no me and you mother need to have a conversation with the pretty lady"
Chris looked worried...which worried me, "Grandma please don't scare her off"
"Little old me?" Her laugh made me laugh. It was a grandma laugh that calmed me instantly "She's a big girl, I promise we'll bring her right back" She looked at me as she started walking into the house "Come on my dear. I have something to show you," she smiled and laughed again as I followed her into the house.
This was obviously not Chris' house it had to be his parents...maybe his grandparents. I followed his mom and grandmother into foyer that had double doors. I walked in and his mother closed them behind me.
"I want to give you something that is very special to our family Porschae.. something that goes way back to my mother's mother and even her mother before that. " I looked at his grandmother pick up this very ancient box as she grinned bigger then I've ever seen before.
I was getting anxious and definitely wanted to know what was in the box, "There isn't a finger in there right?" 
I nervously tried to make a joke that definitely fell completely flat but his grandmother was a lady and just smiled as she said, "Believe me, you're going to love what's in here"




To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment