Monday, June 24, 2013

Day One: Part 3

I followed his mom and grandmother into foyer that had double doors. I walked in and his mother closed them behind me.
"I want to give you something that is very special to our family Porschae.. something that goes way back to my mother's mother and even her mother before that. " I looked at his grandmother pick up this very ancient box as she grinned bigger then I've ever seen before.
I was getting anxious and definitely wanted to know what was in the box, "There isn't a finger in there right?" 
I nervously tried to make a joke that definitely fell completely flat but his grandmother was a lady and just smiled as she said, "Believe me, you're going to love what's in here"



Continuing ...

She open the box, the glare off of this diamond inside could of blinded me. I looked at her and Chris' mom "What is that..."
"It's a diamond dear." his mom responded.
"It's not just a diamond. It was my great great great grandmother's diamond that went into her engagement ring. It has been passed down from grandmother to incoming brides for generations."
"What makes you think I'm a incoming bride?"
"I have never seen my son so happy. For the past 3 years I've heard so much about you that it feels right having you here. Almost like I've known you for the past 3 years. I'm not ready for my little boy to get married and move on with his life but...it's easier when every time you text him his face lights up or when a picture of you comes on Facebook he rushes to show it to me. Its easy when I see how in love with you he is....I believe with my whole heart you two will be forever happy"
"Yes because in our family the men don't get remarried" his grandmother added.
I listened to them never quite taking my eyes of the probably 3 to 4 karat diamond staring at me. I stood completely frozen. My inner panic started to grow.
His family is giving me a huge diamond right now...
This can't be normal, He hasn't even told me he loves me.
How do I respond...What do I say.
I can't do this right now..
"Dear are you okay?" Chris' mom said
"I'm sorry...I got a little light headed"
"It's normal, I was about as surprised as you when I received it. It can be made into whatever you like...a necklace, a solitaire diamond on a bracelet  or if you'd like it can be given to Chris for, you know, a ring." she hesitated like she was afraid I was going to run, "You know I'm not trying to push anything on you...I'm sorry if all of this is freaking you out"
I quickly looked up at her and smiled, "I need you to understand that when I think about my future and any life changing plans they always include Chris. I love him with all my hear and soul" I laughed a bit, "He completely...completes me, I think my panic is because I wasn't expecting this to happen so soon, this way" I paused and looked at his grandmother, "I appreciate this so much and I can't wait to join your family"

***********************************

Chris and I finally reached his apartment after an exhausting night of spending time with all of this his closest family members and I just wanted to jump into the bed and cuddle with him.
"Baby?" I said softly.
"Yes beautiful," he said as he grabbed a bottle of wine out of his fridge. I paused not completely sure if I should continue what I was going to say. He turned and looked at me, "Is everything okay baby? My family didn't scare you off did they," he smirked.
"Nothing could make me leave you at this point Chris, but I do need to know something" I climbed onto the couch and laid on my back as he poured me a glass of white wine.
"Anything you want sweetheart," he slowed climbed on top of me and put his head on my chest. My hand automatically went into his lush brown hair. "Please tell me what's on your mind."
"Do you love me?" my words came out like a gun. I knew if I didn't get it out in that moment I would never ask...unfortunately I felt the instant wish I didn't say it in my stomach.
Chris' head came up as he kissed my collarbone "Of course I love you baby. Did you not know that?"
"You've never told me,"
"I know... I guess I just figured it was something that was assumed," He paused to kiss me again, "I won't do that again. I love you Porschae."
"A lot?"
"Yes a lot." I took in a deep breath. I realized it was a loud sigh when Chris laughed, "Was that weighing on you all night?"
"A little bit... you called me your girlfriend earlier and instead of feeling a ping of joy, I was overwhelmed with panic. We have talked for 3 straight years and we have made it very clear about how we feel about each other...kinda."
He interrupted me, "What do you mean kinda?"
"I mean.... I can personally say that I've loved you for....years. I've never stopped thinking about you and I've always wanted to be with you. I have always...known...that you were the prince charming to my fairy tale. I have a way of fucking up things that really matter to me and when you said I was your girlfriend to you family and when your mom had told me that you loved me it just made me wonder.....why you hadn't told me"
"Probably the same reason why you didn't tell me you loved me all those years ago...I was scared that I would be showing you feelings that you weren't ready for," At this point we had both sat up staring at each other. The undeniable chemistry brewing between us, "When we started talking all those years ago I didn't imagine you'd be this special to me. I couldn't fathom loving someone from 900 plus miles away, but....you changed that. I was scared obviously. I don't want to do anything to ever lose you"
I put my hands in his, "Kinda seems like I'm your end game" I laughed to break the seriousness of our conversation. He pulled me onto his lap and our eyes locked.
"Baby...you're my only game."






Day Two Coming Soon!
XOXO
P.

No comments:

Post a Comment